Pages

Going for Gold

© Th.Martinez

It has been a steep learning curve just to learn the basics but I can now see how great the class is, there is a massive amount of development to get the rig and the foils right. The Moth Class has got to be the most competitive dinghy class there is right now and Lake Garda is an amazing sight with over 100 out on the race course.

Before the event, I set my goal as making the Gold fleet and I am on course at the moment in 16th with 100 guys behind me.


Yesterday was pretty wavy and full on. I had a couple of major spin outs before the start of the first race and after we got going there were a lot of guys who didn’t make it, so I was pleased with three top ten results. Today was supposed to be the reserve but we have two races scheduled. At the moment the northerly is still kicking in at about 20 knots but it is due to swing round to the south, so I guess we may have a delay.

Tomorrow just the Gold Fleet racing and I hope to be there. Check out the cool video from Day 3!

All the best,

Robert